Monday, June 13, 2011

Blogging: Part 2 and a BIG update!!!

Alright, so let's be completely honest here: I totally FAILED this "blog" thing. That's completely amazing to me, because I read no less than 7 blogs on a daily basis!!! So, my super-duper wonderful loving husband has convinced me to give this blog another go-around.


This could be a terrible time to "commit" (notice I use that term very loosely - I think I have blog commitment issues!!) as I'm the great big beautiful state of Texas, Dallas to be exact for a week of work-related training. So, here we go!!!! Again!!!


I want to continue this post with some very BIG news, news which will probably be the core focus of this blog going forward. A lot of our friends, and our whole family, know that Brad and I have struggled with infertility over the past year and a half or so. Yup, we started trying for an itty bitty Hunckler pretty much from the day we said our "I Do's". This has been an uphill battle, as both Brad and I struggle from some moderate fertility related issues. I'll get into those in another post - that's a whole story of it's own! Last week, we came to a major life decision. You see, very few insurance companies, ours included, cover any part of infertility treatment. Infertility treatment in and of itself is very touch and go. After some soul searching and much thought and consideration, we have made this decision: WE ARE GOING TO ADOPT!


I say that with a TON of excitement. We are so excited to start on this new journey! Adoption is a subject we discussed prior to ever knowing we had fertility issues in the first place, so it's actually not a "last resort" or anything. Both of us have close friends and family members have gone through this same process, so we will continue to look to them for guidance through this. Now, we are at the VERY beginning of the adoption process, a process that could take upwards of a year or more. But that's ok - it gives us plenty of time to prepare our homes and our hearts for a new little bundle of joy that will make our family that much more complete!!!


Stay tuned for updates - I PROMISE that there will be more!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck you two! I'm looking forward to reading about your journey!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete